FACT CHECK: Sykes lies to OH voters in first TV ad
Emilia Sykes is up with her first TV ad, where she claims to have “put aside party politics to cut taxes and raise wages.”
Here’s what Sykes left out:
- Sykes raised her own wages, sneaking her pay raise into a relief bill for the families of fallen first responders.
- Sykes voted against legislation that would reduce Ohio’s income tax rate to be its lowest in over three decades.
- Sykes voted to raise gas and diesel taxes.
- Sykes supports legislation that raises taxes on the middle class by $20 billion.
- Sykes has only ever held paying jobs at the taxpayer’s expense.
NRCC Comment: “Career politician Emilia Sykes will say whatever it takes to get elected and continue living off Ohio taxpayers’ dime, but Sykes can’t hide her abysmal record for Ohio voters.” – NRCC Spokeswoman Courtney Parella